Nailed – Jan 2012
A quick and very easy classic. By far the quickest pudding BHT has made in recent Cook Off memory. The biscuits provide a great crunch against the richness of the chocolate pot. Be aware – this is very, very rich. A little goes a very long way. Continue reading
Adapted from Jamie Oliver…
350g Digestive biscuits
120g Unsalted butter, melted
900g Cream cheese, softened (can use light or low-fat, but NOT fat-free)
150g Caster sugar
5 large eggs
125ml Fresh Lime juice (5-6 limes) Continue reading
- 125 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons cointreau (or triple sec)
- 150 grams icing sugar (or powdered sugar)
- 500 ml double cream
- Pour the lime juice, tequila and cointreau (or triple sec) into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.
- Spoon this into an airtight container to freeze overnight. This ice cream does not need ripening (softening before serving), as it will not freeze too hard and melts speedily and voluptuously.