This worked out well. Smokey Paprika and Lardons make it sing.
The best part of this recipe is that you just throw everything into a crock pot in the morning and in the evening you come home to a great pot of soup. All the ingredients are easy to find and it’s cheap to make.
Here’s what I make:
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 7 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 pound uncooked black beans, well rinsed
- 800ml stock (veg or chicken)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Avocado, de-seeded tomatoes and feta cheese to Garnish
1. Fry off the lardons or bacon until brown, throw in crock-pot
2. Fry onion, garlic cumin with a tablespoon of olive oil, thrown in crock-por
3. Add remaining ingredients into crock-pot and stir. Cook on low for 8 hours
4. blend half the soup and return to crock-pot.
Add garnish, remember to season well. Enjoy.