For the quesadilla
- 8 ready-made flour tortillas
- 250g/9oz mature cheddar, grated
- 300g/11oz cooked chicken, thickly sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 60g/2½oz jalapeno chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves and roots
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the salsa
- 150g/5oz sweetcorn
- 20g/¾oz jalapeno chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For quesadilla, place four of the tortillas onto a board and cover each with the grated cheese.
- Divide the chicken, red onion, jalapeno chillies and coriander equally over the cheese-covered tortillas.
- Spread the sour cream onto one side of each of the remaining four tortillas and place sour cream-side down onto the filled tortillas.
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Carefully place a quesadilla into the frying pan and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until crisp and golden and the cheese filling is melting. Carefully turn the quesadilla over and cook on the other side for a further two minutes, or until crisp and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into quarters and serve fresh and hot.
- For the salsa, place all of the salsa ingredients into a food processor and pulse to combine. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, arrange the quesadillas serving plate and place a bowl of salsa into the middle.