- 125 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons cointreau (or triple sec)
- 150 grams icing sugar (or powdered sugar)
- 500 ml double cream
- Pour the lime juice, tequila and cointreau (or triple sec) into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.
- Spoon this into an airtight container to freeze overnight. This ice cream does not need ripening (softening before serving), as it will not freeze too hard and melts speedily and voluptuously.